Tuesday, April 7, 2009

dancing shiitake


I thought I did a fairly decent job of making "living lines" with this etegami of shiitake mushrooms. I found them in my refrigerator, and the way their stems curved this way and that made them appear as though they were dancing. So, for the accompanying words, I quoted a verse from the Bible: "go out to dance with the joyful." (Jeremiah 31:4) I find it difficult sometimes to judge how light or heavy a hand to use when coloring in a monochromatic subject. This time, at least, I managed not to ruin the drawing by filling it in too much.

3 comments:

  1. I like this one, i don't know why but it caught my attention.
    Nice blog! How long have you had it??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Red, I just started it. I didn't have room to explain tools and techniques and other fun stuff about Etegami on my other sites, so I had to try something else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sense of motion in this one. Lovely. How do you pick our what words to use?

    ReplyDelete