Saturday, August 17, 2013

grateful

Yes, even in Hokkaido, where we have snow for six months of the year, this summer has been hot and humid beyond enduring. It hasn't been as bad as the rest of Japan, I admit, but we are much less used to this sort of thing, so I'm convinced we're more miserable than they are. Besides, most of us in Hokkaido don't have air conditioning. Okay, enough complaining....  I painted this one for an etegami call on the topic "gratitude." Thanks to Hokkaido's abundant snow, we have never had a water shortage. I am so very, very grateful for that.

4 comments:

  1. I so enjoy your lettering/calligraphy... your 'font', as it were.

    And that water looks cool and refreshing!

    My favorite aspect of all is the gratitude in the art and in your blog post. :)

    Mary Keesling

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always a blessing to be able to feel *gratitude* for anything - and everything! You KNOW I have been immersed in cold and greyness for our *Summer*...so, for me, heat is something to be grateful for...and, hot or cold weather, water is a real blessing...we all, humans, animals, plants - need this! Your drawing is powerful...

    Hugs from SF,

    ♥ Robin ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely little painting. I know I don't visit often enough, but I always enjoy seeing what you've been doing. Each painting is a little gem, and the little sayings either make me laugh or make me think. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great thought. We sure don't think about being thankful enough for such things as water which is so rare in so many places on earth.

    ReplyDelete