Thursday, January 23, 2014

a new adventure

For many reasons, I've always felt that framing my artwork before shipping them overseas was not an option for me. But when I see the photos that thoughtful customers send me after they've gone to a lot of trouble and expense to have my work professionally and elegantly framed, some vague discontent stirs in my soul. This is no less true of the frames I commonly find in Japan.

So, this year, I've decided to take a big leap and experiment with designing frames specifically for my etegami. The two frames pictured here are ones that were made for me ages and ages ago by very creative people in other fields--people who don't normally make frames. They inspire me and make me want to try it for myself. My frames won't be professional or elegant or anything like that. But they will be me. Just like the etegami.


6 comments:

  1. What a fun project Debbie! Cannot wait to see what you come up with. Glad you got inspired to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the frame :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure you will be able to create beautiful frames that enhance your etagami even more! Have fun with this new venture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to seeing your frame designs. I'm sure they will be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. if these two photos are an example - I LIKE - very much. And I wish you many lucky red envelopes and some valentines too, two weeks later :)

    ReplyDelete